1. Move around while talking on the phone. There's no rule that says you have to sit down while you're on the phone (at least not n most offices). Stand up, and if possible, walk around whenever you're making a phone call.
2. Park far away from the door. If you drive to work, don't park in the closest spot. Park as far away as you can, and walk quickly to the office to get a few extra steps in.
3. Sit on an exercise ball. Sitting on an exercise or stability ball not only improves your posture, but it tones your abdominal muscles while you work!
4. Take the long way around. If you can spare a few moments, don't take the direct path to a meeting or to consult with a colleague. Walk around the office for a lap on your way.
5. Work at a standing desk or treadmill desk. If your office permits, use a desk that doesn't involve sitting. Working at a treadmill desk can help you burn off loads of calories each day. Even a standing desk will burn more calories than just sitting.
6. Use the personal touch. Rather than emailing or texting a co-worker, walk over to his or her cube. Remember, every little bit of movement helps!
7. Skip the elevator. Squeeze in a little workout by climbing up the stairs rather than using the elevator. Work at the top of a high rise building? Get off a few floors early and walk the rest of the way if you don't want to get hot and sweaty on the way to work.