We all start dieting with the best intentions, but somehow, by the end of the day, we find that we’ve cheated a bit (or a lot).
If that’s a problem for you, check out these following tips that can help you stop cheating on your diet and get the results you’ve been looking for!1. Remove any temptation from your house: There’s no need to keep your favorite junk food snacks and treats in your house when you’re trying to lose weight. Make your home a junk-free zone.
2. Plan ahead for special indulgences: Even on a healthy diet, there will still be special occasions that you’ll want to splurge a bit. When there’s a special occasion on the calendar, be sure to eat healthy on the days leading up to the event. If possible, schedule a workout for the splurge day to burn off a few of those calories.
3. Avoid happy hour: If you’ve been drinking you’re less likely to resist the happy hour appetizers (french fries, anyone)? You’ll find it’s easier to make smart food choices if you don’t drink.
4. Wait 10 minutes before taking seconds: Remember that it can take up to 20 minutes before your brain gets the signal that your stomach is full. Waiting a few minutes before taking a second helping will let you find out if you’re really hungry or you’re just eating for fun.
5. Eat at home: It’s much easier to control portion sizes and ingredients when you eat at home rather than at a restaurant. Preparing home cooked meals is the easiest way to keep your calories and meal sizes under control.
6. Use whitening mouthwash after dinner: Is your diet pitfall late-night noshing on chips and sweets? When you feel the urge to nibble, rinse your mouth with a whitening mouthwash (the kind that you can’t eat or drink for 30 minutes after using). You’ll get whiter teeth – and fewer calories!
7. Sit down and slow down: No more mindless snacking from the fridge or pantry! Whenever you’re eating, sit down and take the time to enjoy and appreciate your food.